Asphalt Milling Worker
Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is offering an opportunity for an Asphalt Milling Worker to work within our team. The Asphalt Milling Worker is responsible for assisting the asphalt laying team in general labor duties such as shoveling, raking, and sweeping.
- Prepare road surfaces for application of asphalt.
- Perform tasks, including shoveling, raking, sweeping, flagging for traffic, jack hammering, saw cutting, etc.
- Distribute and rake asphalt used in construction, repair, and resurfacing.
- Finish surfaces by smoothing and tamping asphalt to the proper grade and thickness to properly adhere asphalt to the road surface.
- Ability to work in a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to get to and from the work site daily.
- Must be willing to work outside—in hot weather conditions!
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
- Active, physical work involving; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching. Frequently, walking, standing, and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
- Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
- Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Requires regular use of eyes, shoulders & neck to monitor vehicle and surroundings.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $13.00
- Max Hiring Rate $13.00
- Orlando, FL, USA