CDL Driver - Accommodations Other
Drive trucks with up to 18 wheeler capacity, to transport materials to and from specified destinations. Other duties may be assigned based on based on business needs of the region.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties may include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for making sure truck is loaded and secured properly.
- Responsible for weight of shipment.
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance, security and keeping vehicle clean.
- Ensure that truck has proper and current inspections.
- Compliance with all D.O.T. requirements.
- Maintain driver qualification records and driving records.
- Keep all paperwork in correct order and ensure that all transactions are documented.
- Drive courteously when in company truck.
- Make all deliveries on time while maintaining safe driving.
- Work with Procurement in all deliveries and pick-ups.
- Represent the company in a responsible manner whenever in a Select uniform.
- Load and unload truck as required.
- Work in yard and field as needed by supervisor.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Competent with tractor trailer and all equipment.
- Ensure work being carried out is performed in a manner that is compliant with company safety standards.
- Perform assignments in an effective and efficient manner to ensure deliveries are accurate and secure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- 1 year of experience as CDL A driver.
- CDL A license.
- High School diploma/GED.
- Tanker and HazMat endorsement preferred.
- Meet all Federal Motor Carrier D.O.T. requirements and safety qualifications.
- Current D.O.T. medical card.
- Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret information such driving routes, safety rules, sales tickets, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Possess outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to pass D.O.T. and Worksteps pre-employment physical.
- Ability to work night or weekend shifts as necessary.
- Must be detail oriented due to the necessity of safety. Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Able to thrive in a team environment.
- CDL certification from accredited driving school and one year of similar driving experience; experience may be substituted.
- Experience in energy industry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials, carrying, pushing, pulling, repetitive wrist and hand movements, hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of rapid mental coordination, and mentally alert for entire regular shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires 40 hours per week and the willingness to work additional hours when needed.
The company will supply adequate training and equipment to perform the functions of the job.
- This position works outside in all weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and high, precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Job Family Active Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Carlsbad, NM 88220, USA