CDL Driver - Truck-Winch
The Winch Truck Driver drives and operates a Winch Truck equipped with a single winch, to load and move frac tanks; or with the use of a float (flatbed trailer) to pick up, transport and unload oil field servicing or drilling equipment including but not limited to open top tanks, sand separators, choke manifolds, pipe racks, catwalks and any other equipment, from and to various locations within the work area. This equipment is loaded and unloaded onto the truck or float with the use of the truck’s mechanical winch or other loading equipment. All duties of the Winch Truck Driver are to be performed according to the Company operating procedures in order to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements
- The Winch Truck Driver drives the Winch Truck to the location to unload or load equipment as required for the job.
- Mechanically loads or unloads the equipment using a single winch or other loading equipment. This position requires the employee to handle the winching equipment and to manually tie down the loaded equipment using chains and ratchet boomers.
- The Winch Truck Driver is required to drive the truck to and from the area office to the customer’s location and back to the area office location. This will require the operator to be knowledgeable of all applicable DOT rules and regulations; and all job related Company, Local, State and Federal requirements.
- This position will require the Winch Truck Driver to maintain accurate work tickets based on the Company’s requirements and the work performed for the customer as well as the ability to maintain accurate driving log books, pre-trip/ post-trip inspections and maintenance files on the vehicle. This position is responsible for alerting appropriate supervision when mechanical defects are noted on the truck as well as alerting supervision when hours worked may exceed DOT maximums.
- Follow safe work and good housekeeping practices as outline in the Select Energy Services HSSE Handbook and other customer HSE location policies.
- Demonstrate consistent prudent preventive maintenance practices: consistently perform proper Pre-trip / Post-trip inspection, correct minor deficiencies and document all deficiencies.
- Arrive at job site on time with proper equipment and product to complete assigned task.
- Complete Accurate Daily Timesheets / Field Tickets, Fuel Reports, and Driver Log.
- An understanding of basic maintenance concepts is required to perform light to heavy repairs as necessary. All brake work performed on the vehicle will require the driver to have the proper brake certification. The position requires the use of hand tools and other equipment associated with the vehicle.
- This position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the operation of the equipment, Company Standard Operating Procedures and other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the Company.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- 1 year of experience as CDL A driver.
- CDL A license.
- High School diploma/GED.
- Tanker and HazMat endorsement preferred.
- Meet all Federal Motor Carrier D.O.T. requirements and safety qualifications.
- Current D.O.T. medical card.
- Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret information such driving routes, safety rules, sales tickets, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Possess outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to pass D.O.T. physical.
- Ability to work night or weekend shifts as necessary.
- Must be detail oriented due to the necessity of safety.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Able to thrive in a team environment.
- CDL certification from accredited driving school and one year of similar driving experience; experience may be substituted.
- Experience in energy industry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Pass the company’s drug screen.
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
- This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company’s Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must have a valid CDL A driver’s license with the proper endorsements required for the type vehicle operated, issued by state of residence.
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays and nights as required for the position.
- Must have basic knowledge of oil field and related equipment associated with trucking.
- Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required for the position.
- Ability to accurately complete DOT Hours of Service Log.
This position works outside in all weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The Company will supply adequate training and equipment to perform the functions of the job.
- Job Family Active Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Midland, TX, USA