The primary duties of a Foreman are to safely and satisfactorily perform the work assigned at the locations of the Company, and to provide a leadership role at the jobsite supporting the Supervisor or in the absence of the Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Laying and picking up poly line, Lay flat hose, plastic liner, and erosion control devices/ materials at job sites;
- Loading and unloading pipe, field materials, and equipment onto trailers and trucks for safe transport
- Training employees on their crew
- Evaluating daily productivity and updating Supervisor
- Ensuring quality job performance
- Supervising and directing the work of operators as directed by the Supervisor, or in absence of the Supervisor
- Observing machine operations, and gauges, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions
- Setting and servicing pumps and generators at job sites
- Following all safety procedures and using proper PPE as required per specific job task
- Assist in containment and spill clean ups
- Communicating with other workers, using signals, radios, and telephones
- Using common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Driving trucks and other vehicles to transport equipment, personnel and perform job task
- Leading and completing JSA process
- Attending and successfully completing training as directed for DOT, OSHA and safety
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required:
- 3-4 years of oil & gas / rig experience
- High School diploma/ GED
- 3-5 years’ experience with larger scale construction
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to identify dangerous conditions and act accordingly
- Mechanically inclined
- Safety oriented
- Able to interact and perform successfully within a team environment
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Demonstrate initiative to learn and develop new skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is physically demanding. Incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on regular basis and do repetitive task.
Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Midland, TX, USA