Senior Analyst, Market Research
1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA Req #1
Friday, July 17, 2020
At SHRM, we are committed to making work, workers and workplaces better through insights-driven policy solutions, learning and development, thought leadership and research. We are shaping the ways employers and employees thrive together. SHRM is empowering our more than 300,000+ members, including HR professionals, business executives, and people managers, to lead as strategic business partners and effective stewards of workplace culture, business productivity, and employee engagement.
The Senior Analyst, Market Research is responsible for conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research related to various market research study types, including but not limited to pricing research, branding, member satisfaction and loyalty, segmentation, needs assessments, messaging, creative and copy testing, and product/concept research. In addition, the position supports the execution of market research-related organizational business operating plan objectives and works collaboratively across the enterprise.
- Meet with internal business partners to fully understand background and business objectives required to design best-in-class market research.
- Recommend new approaches/perspectives on existing solutions.
- Serve as a mentor and resource to junior level staff
- Manage assigned market research studies, ensuring quality controls and on-time results by working collaboratively with internal business partners, other departments, and designated market research vendors.
- For all applicable quantitative and qualitative market research projects, develop a market research brief, sampling plan, and questionnaire.
- Program and field survey, analyze and synthesize data, and produce and present research reports.
- Oversee sample list procurement activities, ensuring sample is accurately pulled and meets research study criteria.
- Program market research surveys requiring advanced logic/skip patterns, piping, masking, and appended variables.
- Design and execute qualitative research studies including focus groups and in-depth interviews using various methodologies (online, telephonic, in-person), analyze results, and create visually compelling reports that include clear and actionable insights and recommendations.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal research and analytic resources.
- Oversee vendor deliverables, including vendor invoice management and processing.
- Manage project schedules by following specific and well-defined processes and procedures.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics, Mathematics or a relevant field.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in market research.
- Working knowledge and experience with programming on survey design platforms such as Confirmit, Qualtrics, Decipher Beacon, or other platforms.
- Experience with data management and manipulation, including working with large datasets.
- Expert proficiency with MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Proficiency with IBM SPSS including cross tabs, frequencies, correlations, regressions and practical understanding of conjoint/DCM, factor analysis, MaxDiff and Turf analyses, and predictive analytics.
- Experience using data visualization platforms such as Tableau and/or PowerBI.
- Proven ability to design complex and comprehensive market research studies that leverage multiple data sources and clearly address business objectives and offer actionable recommendations.
- Exceptional writing skills and strong presentation skills to effectively communicate research results and findings to a variety of different stakeholders and audience sizes.
- Exceptional project management skills, including setting and meeting timelines, monitoring budgets, and managing vendor output.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a rigorous data-centric environment, by successfully interacting and collaborating with product owners, managers, and senior management regarding business challenges and research needs.
- Ability to consolidate data findings into concise, actionable and easy-to-understand charts and/or presentations.
- Finely-tuned active listening skills, strong attention to detail, and exceptional follow-through.
- Comfortable working in a high-paced, demanding environment.
- Masters degree in Market Research, Business/Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics or a relevant field, or significant coursework or a specialization in Market Research.
- Experience on both the client and supplier sides of market research.
- Secondary research experience.
- Regularly required to sit; talk and hear, use hands to type, file, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; extensive transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- May require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk, lift, carry and move light to medium weight. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and learn technical information.
- Light lifting is required. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force to constantly move objects.
- Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
- This job requires occasional travel 0-10%.
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SHRM is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Job Family Business Intelligence
- Pay Type Salary
- 1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA