Senior Digital Experience Designer
1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA Req #4
Friday, July 17, 2020
At SHRM, we are committed to making work, workers and workplaces better through insights-driven policy solutions, learning and development, thought leadership and research. We are shaping the ways employers and employees thrive together. SHRM is empowering our more than 300,000+ members, including HR professionals, business executives, and people managers, to lead as strategic business partners and effective stewards of workplace culture, business productivity, and employee engagement.
The Senior Digital Designer is responsible for creating on-brand and user-first bold designs. The Senior Digital Specialist is highly skilled at creating modern web applications, can contribute to both frontend design and backend development, can help consult at all levels, and who continuously assess and grasps new technologies and programming languages. They must also possess expert understanding of digital best practices, user experience methodologies, and best practices in responsive web design.
- Using Agile methodologies, transform business requirements and wireframes into customer-focused, well-designed products utilizing best practices in user experience, responsive design, and trending web design patterns, while staying faithful to SHRM’s brand standards and strategies.
- Create customer-focused digital designs including; but not limited to: Email visuals, static and animated banners, CMS sites, landing pages, reports, brochures, editorial content, and video.
- Adhere to timelines and production schedules for deliverables, ensuring issues are appropriately flagged to management and stakeholders. Effectively manage individual and team timelines/schedules to ensure all critical deadlines within our control are met. Multitask several projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads of self and reports based on the business needs.
- Clearly communicate and present design concepts to stakeholders taking into account business requirements, crucial to-market timelines, and design best practices. Utilize active-listening to better understand stakeholder needs and concerns. Present thoughts in an understandable manner, depending on audience at hand.
- Collaborate with coworkers vertically and horizontally across the organization to bring product concepts to life, integrating critical feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain an active familiarity with SHRM’s audience and products and services to ensure designs effectively speak to customer needs and personas.
- Mentor and assist in training designers across all facets of digital design projects.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 7+ years working on a design team with 3+ years focused on digital design.
- Excellent leadership skills and able to provide managerial oversight over the lifecycle of any digital project.
- Creating and/or understanding user flows, technical capabilities and limitations of common coding languages, frameworks, and data analysis.
- Strong proficiency in the following Adobe Creative Cloud Suite products: Adobe Animate CC, Adobe XD CC, Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe InDesign CC, Adobe Illustrator CC and Adobe Character Animator CC.
- Understanding of responsive web design and UX/UI best practices. Ability to teach, coach, and mentor UX/UI, communication, and relationship management skills to direct reports.
- Strong ability to multitask several ongoing projects, prioritize projects based on business need and direction from Director, Creative Services, and create design concepts efficiently and according to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Understanding of web language capabilities, limitations of current development frameworks, and the ability to incorporate that knowledge into the design phase to keep projects in scope.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and active-listening skills for receiving feedback and providing recommendations in a constructive solutions-oriented manner.
- Solid ability to present concepts and lead strategic digital-focused discussions with teammates and stakeholders.
- Able to work in a team environment and collaborate with other members of Creative Services and other stakeholders, developers, information architects, and project managers to ensure that each digital project is a measured success.
Let us know if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, graphic design, visual communication or related field.
- Fluent in prototyping using using Sketch, Figma, Balsamiq, Azure
- Strong CSS and HTML capabilities.
- Fluent in Google Analytics
- Fluent in Marketo and creating custom templates
- Regularly required to sit; talk and hear, use hands to type, file, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- May require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk, lift, carry and move light to medium weight. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and learn technical information.
- Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
- This job requires occasional travel 0-10%.
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SHRM is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Job Family Creative Services
- Pay Type Salary
- 1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA