Technical Publications Specialist
Although publicly traded, we're entrepreneurial in spirit and carry the core beliefs that hard work and accountability pay off. We take personal pride in every vehicle we build, every partnership we secure, every process we advance, and every owner and driver we empower to command their road.
WE OFFER A GENEROUS SUITE OF BENEFITS WHICH INCLUDE:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Dependent Scholarships
- Quarterly Bonus
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Purchased Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
This position will be responsible for the end-to-end design and deployment of
all catalog and exploded view product content, projects and processes which
will be consumed by internal and external stakeholders in the context of
Aftermarket and Product Support. This role will be a blended role as an
individual contributor and coordinator in the development of technical content
and processes. This position requires a deep understanding of all current product
structures, engineering processes, data sources, with a sustaining awareness to
areas of the business which have an impact on the Technical Publications
activities and products.
• Specialize in the coordination, planning and performance of activities to
complete the creation and publishing of internal and external customer facing
technical documentation to include, but not limited to exploded view diagrams,
service bills of materials, service instructions and parts manuals.
• Develop / coordinate proposed solutions / improvements to processes and /or
• Hands-on role in developing, maintaining and publishing of technical
documentation, including but not limited to product Illustrations, Parts Lists,
Service manuals and Parts Publications.
• Review, interpret and translate to common language, all relevant technical
documents provided from internal and external sources, including but not
limited to Bill of Materials (BOMs), blueprints, production assembly drawings, job
element sheets, and spec. sheets.
• Perform data management and other publishing activities in multiple systems
including, but not limited to Oneil CMS, MacPac, Aurora, Epicor, SolidWorks,
• A preferred candidate will possess strong product knowledge of the operation
and assembly of Spartan products.
• Requires knowledge of Engineering tools, processes, data structures, and data
• Demonstrated ability to identify and anticipate perceived value for Spartan’s
• Excellent verbal / Written Communications
• Computer skills including Office, SolidWorks, Composer, Illustrator,
• Ability to interpret Spartan BOMs and assembly prints
• Ability to problem solve
• Flexibility to work in a team environment as well as the motivation to
successfully work independently.
• Customer-centric focus and attitude
• Detail / accuracy oriented
• Empathetic to customer feedback and issues
• Ability to remain stable and focused a high stress environment
• Willingness to understand FMVSS requirements
Spartan Motors Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, Veteran status or disability.
- Job Family Engineering
- Job Function Direct
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, IN 46507, USA