Director of Environmental Health and Safety
Although publicly traded, we're entrepreneurial in spirit and carry the core beliefs that hard work and accountability pay off. We take personal pride in every vehicle we build, every partnership we secure, every process we advance, and every owner and driver we empower to command their road.
WE OFFER A GENEROUS SUITE OF BENEFITS WHICH INCLUDE:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Dependent Scholarships
- Quarterly Bonus
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Purchased Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
The FVS Environmental, Health, and Safety Director position is responsible for developing and maintaining effective environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) prevention/conservation programs. The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Director ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization. The EHS Director is responsible for leading the safety governance, regulatory compliance, safety programs, along with the development and implementation of EHS management systems and programs. This position is responsible for implementing and training to support ISO 14001, as well as conducting annual property loss and safety management assessments for all of the FVS locations .The EHS Director will lead and direct all environmental, sustainability, health and safety related activities for the organization, including related areas such as disaster/fire/prevention, ergonomics, workers' compensation claims management, air and noise monitoring, ventilation, fall protection, etc. The EHS Director is responsible for leading EHS continuous improvement initiatives to embed EHS as a core component of the company’s culture and to establish appropriate metrics and report metrics to the organization. The EHS Director will work with the FVS President to set EHS strategy, goals and objectives, and act as the company "expert" in all matters safety, and in many cases, will be the face of the company for issues that arise, along with interacting with all levels of leadership, BU staff, line management, and hourly teammates as well as outside agencies.
• Oversee the EH&S functionalities at multiple sites.
• Plan-Promote a Zero Injury Safety Culture: Provide leadership and coaching to grow the leadership team, plant operations, plant safety committee, and EHS direct reports, to create a workplace free of recognized hazards, promote safe work behaviors, and foster a lean safety culture that keeps the safety of employees a business value.
• Do- Standards, Technical Guidance: Grows EHS and operation team in the deployment, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of Environmental Health and Safety programs, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. Tactically deploy Corporate EHS tools and training to the operation leadership teams, plant safety committees, direct reports and employees with continuous improvement implementation of EHS management standards.
• Check- Audit Process: Manage and implement controls to monitor progress of EHS continuous improvement and compliance for each site. Leverage the data and findings to implement true root cause corrective actions. Grow efforts to minimize any legal regulatory activity from government authorities.
• Develop and coordinate training to educate associates about safe work practices and hazards.
• Investigate and reduce accidents and losses in compliance with occupational safety and health regulations.
• Communicate, distribute, and enforce site specific safety procedures and federal, state, and local safety and health regulations.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of federal and state OSHA regulations and safety codes and environmental quality regulations.
• Create and maintain EH&S programs that are compliant with ISO14001 and ISO18001.
This is an electronically controlled and issued document; hard copies should be verified for revision.
• Conduct and document safety meetings with appropriate staff to cover all activities regarding safety of associates, company vehicles, property, and public liability exposures.
• Develop and maintain a proactive Return to Work Program; coordinate with appropriate staff and insurance representatives to identify and develop suitable temporary limited duty assignments for injured associates to perform during the recovery process.
• Conduct environmental audits of facilities and grounds; maintain applicable records.
• Effectively communicate with leadership, operational management and remote locations to ensure aligned safety practices and behaviors are in place.
• Evolve and improve existing processes to collect data and analyze causes of accidents and generate timely and actionable reporting.
• Facilitate quarterly claim reviews; own the management of incident claims with appropriate 3rd party resources.
• Serve as a valuable resource and mentor to Management & EHS Managers, Specialists and Coordinators.
• Ability to work cross-organizationally through matrix reporting structures in order to accomplish strategic objectives as well as organization development goals.
• Oversee an effective workers' compensation (WC) claims management process. Develop related policies and procedures. Educate new claims personnel and audit performance. Monitor and assist in changing state WC laws.
• Direct the management of facility EHS leads on environmental programs in the areas of pollution abatement, environmental and waste water management.
• Other tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety or Environmental or related technical discipline required with eight to ten years progressive experience leading EHS&S with multi-site manufacturing organizational experience, with a proven record of establishing premier programs and delivering significant continuous performance improvements.
• Proven success in engaging workplace with diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the company
• 25-40 % domestic travel is required.
• Decision-making skills and the ability to build respect, influence and communicate at all levels.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow, plan and organize projects
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Advanced knowledge of ISO 14001, EPA and OSHA regulations and other governmental work/employer related legislation required.
Shyft Group. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, Veteran status or disability.
- Job Family EHS
- Job Function SGA
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, IN 46507, USA