Food Service Worker (Cook)
Since 1969, Spectrum Health Systems, Inc. has been a leader in the field of alcohol and drug abuse treatment. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of services to individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse and/or mental health issues. We assist our clients in achieving sobriety, sustaining recovery, and fulfilling personal goals in order that they may lead healthier, more productive lives. At Spectrum Health Systems, we take great pride in our organization and in our work. We believe that providing the highest quality service and ensuring that our actions and behaviors are always client-focused place our organization ahead of the rest.
This position is Full-time, 40 hours.
Schedule is Wednesday-Sunday, 10 AM-6 PM.
Pay rate: $15.00 per hour ($31,200 annually)
Spectrum offers comprehensive benefits, including, but not limited to: health/dental/vision/disability insurances, paid time off, 401k with company contribution, and tuition reimbursement/assistance!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves food/meals to residents and staff of the program.
- Assists in the cleaning of the stoves and ovens, as well as other kitchen appliances and equipment.
- Prepares food and drink for meals and snacks.
- Washes and maintains cleanliness of pots and pans, dishes, trays and other cooking and service equipment and utensils.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen and food service and supply areas daily.
- Replaces and rotates stock such as milk, juices, water, etc. in the kitchen and service supply areas.
- Removes and disposes of kitchen trash and cleaning of bins after each meal/use.
- Cleans and refills hot/cold carts with water/ice after each meal.
- Restocks food and supplies as needed on a daily basis.
- Ensures all deliveries are accurate and completes the appropriate documentation.
- Creates and implements a meal schedule under the direction of the Food Services Coordinator and posts daily.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 1 year of related experience is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to interact with residents on an appropriate level.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess the sense of sight/hearing/speech, or use prosthetics that will enable the use senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
- Must be capable of lifting between 25 – 50 pounds, bending, stooping, reaching, sitting, climbing, and standing for extended periods of time while performing kitchen duties
Spectrum Health Systems is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Trade
- Job Function Housekeeping, Maintenance, Cook, Driver
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Max Hiring Rate $15.00
- Methuen, MA 01844, USA