Since 1969, Spectrum Health Systems, Inc. has been a leader in the field of alcohol and drug abuse treatment. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of services to individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse and/or mental health issues. We assist our clients in achieving sobriety, sustaining recovery, and fulfilling personal goals in order that they may lead healthier, more productive lives. At Spectrum Health Systems, we take great pride in our organization and in our work. We believe that providing the highest quality service and ensuring that our actions and behaviors are always client-focused place our organization ahead of the rest.
Spectrum established its Correctional Treatment Division to provide specialized treatment to offenders with a history of chronic substance abuse and criminal behavior. Using a cognitive-behavioral skill building and therapeutic community approach, Spectrum's correctional treatment programs teach participants practical ways to achieve a law abiding life, free from drugs and crime.
Under the direction of the assigned Clinical Supervisor, the Counselor provides counseling services to clients in the assigned program. The provision of counseling services includes facilitation of group programming and meetings, individual counseling, case management services, and clinical documentation responsibilities.
This position is located at the Virginia Correctional Center for Women (VCCW) in Goochland, VA.
Schedule is Full-time, 40 hours. Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
Pay rate is $20.19/hr ($42,000 annually)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services field or equivalent experience is required.
- Those actively working toward Certification as a Substance Abuse Counselor in the State of Virginia are highly desirable.
- Two years of experience working in the substance abuse treatment field is preferred.
- Experience working within a correctional or secure environment is a plus.
- Experience working in Therapeutic Community model programs is a plus.
Spectrum Health Systems is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Counselor
- Job Function Counselor
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $42,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Goochland, VA 23063, USA