Direct Care - Per Diem
Since 1969, Spectrum Health Systems, Inc . has been a leader in the field of alcohol and drug abuse treatment. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of services to individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse and/or mental health issues. We assist our clients in achieving sobriety, sustaining recovery, and fulfilling personal goals in order that they may lead healthier, more productive lives.At Spectrum Health Systems, we take great pride in our organization and in our work. We believe that providing the highest quality service and ensuring that our actions and behaviors are always client-focused place our organization ahead of the rest.
We work with youth who are detained and/or committed by the court and our intent is to reduce the risk of continued harm associated with delinquent behaviors by providing feedback on personal risk, introducing positive change, promoting self-efficacy, and developing individual goals.
The Direct Care Worker I, ensures residents are provided with a safe and secure environment by following the policies and procedures of the program and demonstrating a positive, responsible, and respectful presence on the unit. Duties include transporting clients and assisting residents in daily routine.
Direct Care Workers may need to provide physical interventions and restraints where appropriate and necessary in accordance with Departmental policies to diffuse crisis situations and ensure safety and security of youth and staff.
This posting is for PER DIEM (on call, as needed) candidates. There is availability for all shifts. There is no guarantee of hours.
Employees in this position may be required to work extended hours, nights, holidays and/or weekends. They may also be asked to work overtime shifts to meet staff-to-youth ratios.
- Some experience with at-risk youth is highly preferred
- Experience working in a secure/locked facility or similar program also highly preferred
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and staff
- Demonstrated qualities that evidence maturity, effective communication, listening and problem-solving skills.
- Be capable of performing any number of physical activities that may be required for the safety and security of the unit residents and staff including the participation in physical restraints of clients.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Spectrum Health Systems is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability,sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Direct Care
- Job Function Direct Care I
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Required Education High School
- Westborough, MA, USA