Recovery Specialist (Sun-Thurs, 2nd shift)
Since 1969, Spectrum Health Systems, Inc. has been a leader in the field of alcohol and drug abuse treatment. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of services to individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse and/or mental health issues. We assist our clients in achieving sobriety, sustaining recovery, and fulfilling personal goals in order that they may lead healthier, more productive lives. At Spectrum Health Systems, we take great pride in our organization and in our work. We believe that providing the highest quality service and ensuring that our actions and behaviors are always client-focused place our organization ahead of the rest.
Spectrum’s detoxification programs provide 24-hour medical supervision and compassionate nursing care to ensure safe withdrawal from alcohol, opioids and other substances. Medications are used to suppress withdrawal symptoms and make clients as comfortable as possible during detoxification. During this time, we work with each client to prepare them for the next step in the recovery process. Because addiction is a chronic disease, most individuals benefit from continued treatment to learn how to live drug-free and sustain their recovery over time.
The Recovery Specialist is responsible for maintaining a safe, therapeutic environment on their assigned unit at all times with an emphasis on high quality services and customer satisfaction. Responsible for facilitating the movement of clients around the building and grounds in a safe and orderly fashion. Provides transportation for clients and in support of program operations using the program vehicle as directed. Conducts alcohol and drug screens on clients using an approach that demonstrates respect and dignity for the clients, while ensuring appropriate screen collection procedures are followed. Assists with admission and discharge procedures as required. Oversees the clients' general housekeeping chores with participation in light housekeeping as needed. Ensures that the units meet the cleanliness standards established by the organization.
This position is Full-time.
Schedule is Sunday-Thursday, 3 PM-11:30 PM.
Pay Rate: $14.50-$16.50/hourly
Spectrum offers comprehensive benefits, including, but not limited to: health/dental/vision/disability insurances, paid time off, 401k with company match, and tuition reimbursement options!
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in substance abuse or mental health field preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal, social and writing skills.
- Must display the use of appropriate independent judgment to determine appropriate course of action in resolving problems and in emergencies.
- Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral communication and to communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary, culturally diverse setting with clients, families, staff and regulatory agencies.
- Must have basic ability in use of computers to be able make entries and utilize electronic health records.
Spectrum Health Systems is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Direct Care
- Job Function Direct Care I
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.50
- Max Hiring Rate $16.50
- Required Education High School
- Westborough, MA, USA