Transload - Operator
Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Transload Operators come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they
never dreamed possible”.
Savage is Growing!! We are currently looking for a few new Team Members to safely assist our team in safely transloading crude from truck to tank and from tank to rail car for our customer.
We offer many great benefits
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- $200/year steel toe boot allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent Benefits including medical, dental, vision and company investment fund with match
- Rotating shift that allows you to work 14 out of a 28 day rotation
Responsibilities / Job Duties
- Prepare the rail tank cars for loading; including a thorough inspection
- Load unit trains and manifest rail cars with crude produced in Bruderhiem, AB using fixed and mobile loading racks by removing tank domes, maneuvering the loading arms and operating the control panel
- Assist Crude haulers with unloading their trucks and safely transloading their load into Savage's holding tank system, by hooking up hoses, checking for leaks and operating the control panel
- Ensure receiving and shipping paperwork is neat, accurate and verified
- General Maintenance ("bolt on –bolt off") as well as cleaning, housekeeping and snow removal
- Look to expand the role into rail switching and/or locomotive operation
- Handle problems as they arise and initiate steps to resolution
- Commit to Safe work practices through situational awareness, following standard operating procedures, receiving constructive criticism and watching out for the health and wellness of others
- Partner with the maintenance team to ensure the facility operates smooth
- A sound understanding or aptitude to learn the transloading of liquid commodities including hazardous materials
- Understands, or willing to learn, railroad operations and safety
- Mechanically Inclined
- Basic computer skills
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Committed to working safely at all times including a commitment to the policies and procedures of the operation
- Positive attitude and a good team member
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, reference checks, drug screen, motor-vehicle report and criminal background check
- Able to routinely lift 50-lbs and swing a 10-lbs sledge hammer
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, snow, rain, heat and cold
- Comfortable be able to complete the physical aspects of the job including opening and closing railcars dome lids, climb railcars (heights), crawl under railcars, walk long distances on uneven terrain, etc.
- Must be able to attend and pass all test associated with job related coursework. This includes, but it not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA
- Willing to reliably fulfill the following work schedule: 12 hour rotating shifts (days and nights) Day Shift 6am-6pm or Night Shift 6pm-6am
- A high school diploma
- Experience in the oil field or other industrial environment preferred
- Some experience in a rail environment a plus
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- 555018 Range Rd 202, Bruderheim, AB T0B 0S0, Canada