Maintenance Supervisor - Limetree Bay Terminals
At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
Savage is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor who supports our safety culture and who will be a key member of the management team of the Limetree Bay Refinery located in St Croix, USVI.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
Limetree Bay Refinery
Savage will provide operating and maintenance services at the Delayed Coker Unit (DCU), the Petcoke Handling System (CHS), Sulfur Prilling System, and Sulfur Handling System (SYS). Services provided include the following: coke cutting, 45-ton clamshell bridge crane operations, feeder breaker operations, conveyor and circular stacker/reclaimer operations, bulk shiploader operations, truck loading, facility/system maintenance.
- Manage direct reports: 4 technicians, 4 utility labor
- Preventative, predictive, and minor corrective maintenance responsibility over petcoke cutting, petcoke handling, petcoke shiploading, sulfur forming, formed sulfur handling, formed sulfur shiploading, and CAT wheel loaders
- Determine, develop, and execute; schedules, sequences, and work assignments based on work priority, equipment availability, and skill of personnel
- Utilize asset management and inventory control modules of SAP and Manager plus
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules
- Identify, catalog, track and requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, or replacement parts
- Develop procedures and JHA’s; set goals, track KPI’s, develop reports
- Forecast maintenance expenditures on assets and equipment
- Investigate accidents or injuries and prepare reports of findings
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of refinery operations and maintenance of bulk handling systems, specifically bridge cranes, petcoke cutting equipment, bulk shiploaders, bulk feeders and sulphur forming equipment
- Strong planning and time management skills; knowledge of related health, safety and environmental regulations; computer skills including Microsoft office, email, electronic files; understanding of KPI’s and goal setting
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English. English level equal or higher than C1 according to CEFR
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience working with bulk materials, conveyor systems, cranes, and sulphur forming in petrochemical/refinery operations
- Minimum of 7 years supervisory experience with a background in Preventative Maintenance, Mechanical Reliability, SAP or other CMMS
- Experience with applying safety regulations and written procedures within a refinery or chemical plant is required
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs frequently
- Ascend and descend ladders
- Not have a fear of heights
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Salary
- St Croix, USVI