Operations Manager - Limetree Bay Terminals
Savage is seeking an Operations Manager who will be a key member of the management team of the operation at the Limetree Bay Refinery located in St Croix, USVI. Savage will provide operating and maintenance services at the Delayed Coker Unit (DCU), the Petcoke Handling System (CHS), Sulfur Prilling System, and Sulfur Handling System (SYS). Services provided include the following: coke cutting, 45-ton clamshell bridge crane operations, feeder breaker operations, conveyor and circular stacker/reclaimer operations, bulk shiploader operations, truck loading, facility/system maintenance.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
- O&M responsibility over petcoke cutting, petcoke handling, petcoke shiploading, sulfur forming, formed sulfur handling, formed sulfur shiploading, CAT wheel loaders
- $3M warehouse inventory management
- Administer services agreements
- Manage relationships and contracts and maintain an excellent relationship with the customer and community
- Develop and implement business plans and budgets, including annual budget
- Forecast maintenance expenditures on assets and equipment
- Hiring and training new and current staff
- Manage direct reports: 4 petcoke and 4 sulfur operations supervisors
- Safety of the site and the employees
- Strong knowledge of refinery operations and maintenance of bulk handling systems, specifically bridge cranes, petcoke cutting equipment, bulk shiploaders, bulk feeders and sulphur forming equipment
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of related health, safety and environmental regulations
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Willing to work irregular and long hours
- Strong knowledge of computer skills: Microsoft office, email, electronic files
- Understanding of KPI’s and goal setting
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English. English level equal or higher than C1 according to CEFR
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Minimum of 20 years management experience or equivalent
- Sulfur handling knowledge
- Bulk handling systems knowledge
- Conveyor systems knowledge
- Vessel loading of bulk materials
- Technical College/Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Team Leader
- Pay Type Salary
- St Croix, USVI