Material Handling Operator
The Coal System Operator will be responsible for safely performing the basic tasks required to operate the coal handling system, operate industrial mobile equipment, and perform general maintenance on equipment and facilities at a coal-fired power plant.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
- Must be willing to work any shift, including weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Experience in operation of dozers, front-end loaders, excavators, and other heavy equipment
- Ability to read, write, and understand English, follow written and/or verbal instruction, and possess basic math and computer skills
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- High School or GED
- 2-5 years of experience preferred but not required
- Work in an environment containing coal dust, hazardous noise, confined space, and in hot or cold environments
- Work at heights , climbing stairs, and climbing ladders
- Walk on uneven ground and up to 3 miles per shift
- Must be able to pass a fit test and pulmonary function test for the purposes of wearing a respirator and recertify annually or as needed
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pueblo, CO, USA