Our coordinators come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent Benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
What you will be doing
- Manage customer orders and inventory systems
- Answering phones and assisting with customer needs
- Enters customer orders and rail car shipments in inventory
- Insure all rail cars Inbound and Outbound inspections are completed
- Scaling trucks in and out for load weights
- Prepare documentation for truck arrivals and departures (Bill of Lading, Truck Arrival Checklist, Truck Departure Checklist)
- Preparing load schedule for next day’s loads
- Enter heating charges in inventory systems
- Provide Safety Briefing to new drivers, vendors and visitors
- Contacts carriers to schedule pick up times for next day’s loads
- Follows company/customer policies and procedures (i.e. internal controls, record retention, verification, etc.)
Requirements of a successful Coordinator
- Ability to follow directions (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, and good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Power Point, Outlook
- Anticipates customer needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Identify problem areas with customers and work with manager to develop a resolution
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all time
- Savage is a military friendly company - Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role
- Coordinator will work on-site
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbus, OH, USA