Plant & Field Operator
Savage is currently hiring for a Plant and Field Operator at our location in Oakland, MD. In this role, you will be responsible for safely and professionally operating and maintaining equipment, loading and unloading facilities in order to meet our customer’s needs.
At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
What you’ll be doing:
- Operate and maintain the following:
- Savage loadout
- Mettiki unloading system
- Mt. Storm unloading system
- New Blending Yard system
- Mt. View loading system
- Perform and record pre-shift inspections
- Maintenance of equipment, loading and unloading facilities
- Follow established guidelines in providing preventative maintenance for all facilities and equipment
- Perform routine and emergency repairs to equipment and facilities
- Coordinate the routine scale maintenance and calibrations
- Maintain the immediate grounds, roadways and facilities with the appropriate snow removal equipment
- Ordering, tracking, and maintaining the inventory of parts needed to operate the facilities
- Maintain the light plants on the refuse pile
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Skilled in operating various equipment such as a snowplow, loader, backhoe, dozer, bobcat, etc.
- Certified to inspect the facilities (Surface Foreman)
- Willing to attend additional training needed to perform the job
- Logical thinking and possess good troubleshooting skills
- Work in all weather conditions
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Oakland, MD 21550, USA