- Operations focused on safety
- Outstanding company culture
- Excellent benefits
- Work/Life balance
- Lead a team of approximately twelve (12) people to ensure the safe and reliable operation of all handling facilities at the Oakland operation
- Lead the execution of the S7 Delivery System
- Set an example of high integrity and fair treatment of others
- Foster a team environment
- Demonstrate a SHAPS mentality and a commitment to zero safety incidents. Effectively lead the safety, health and environmental efforts of the Plant and Field Team.
- Effectively lead the Safety Specialist program and use it as a tool to ensure zero safety incidents
- Help to identify and develop future leaders
- Execute Savage’s business plan including all aspects of financial performance and reporting
- Maintain strong customer relationships by providing the high degree of service our customer has grown to expect
- Ability to understand the importance of the handling facilities as they relate to and support the Oakland transportation operation.
- Basic understanding of material handling facilities and equipment with an emphasis on proper and timely maintenance
- Ability to delegate and/or involve others where appropriate
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with the customer, team members and vendors
- Ability to foster a SHAPS based environment
- Must be committed to the Savage Safety Specialist program
- Must possess a mechanical and technical aptitude
- Must possess or have the ability and willingness to develop a strong working knowledge of the Savage S7 Delivery System
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and a computer based maintenance management system is preferred
- 3+ years in a supervisory or team lead position preferred.
- Must be in good physical condition: Some of the work will be outdoors working alongside field personnel, climbing stairs, ladders and on and off material handling equipment
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Oakland, MD 21550, USA