Material Handling Laborer
SAVAGE IS HIRING!!! Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Material Handling Laborers come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
The successful candidate will be responsible for general labor duties including but not limited to wash down and general maintenance of coke conveyor system and work areas. Check fluid levels and change rollers throughout conveyor system. Cross-train on coke loading dock as needed.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- $150 Steel Toe Boot Allowance semi annual
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Opportunities for growth
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
Here is what you will be doing
- Maintains cleanliness of conveyor system to transport dry bulk products
- Shovels coke from areas around sump pumps and under conveyor
- Checks and maintains fluid levels throughout the conveyor system
- Changes rollers in conveyor system
- Operates forklift
- Completes and maintains accurate records related to all maintenance activities in conveyor system
- Cross-trains on DCU and Dock as backup
- Lifts approximately 0-50 lbs. occasionally
- Lifts approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly
- Climbs stairs and work at various heights
- Other duties may be assigned
Requirements of a successful Material Handling Laborer
- Must meet refinery standards for entering the plant, i.e. clean criminal history, ability to pass a hair-follicle drug screen, and currently possess a TWIC card
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass St Charles site specific training on an annual basis
- The ability to work from written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Able to work overtime as required
- Can follow all rules and procedures as outlines by Savage
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
- High School or GED
Because this position operates in the Valero St. Charles Refinery, candidates must:
- Meet refinery standards for entering the plant, i.e. clean criminal history, ability to pass a hair-follicle drug screen, currently possess a Current and TWIC card at the time of applying
- Understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating Heavy Equipment
- Be safety conscious and understand safe work practices for a refinery
- Be comfortable with heights including the ability to walk up and down conveyor belt lines and climb ladders
Here are some of the physical requirements for this role
- Must be willing to work any shift, including weekends.
- Ability to work at heights as well as climbing stairs, lift up to 50 pounds, and work in an environment containing coke dust and in hot, cold, and wet environments
- Must have the ability and willingness to perform the essential physical functions of the position
- A significant part of each shift will be spent washing down equipment with a 2” fire hose
- Willing and able to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) which could include a respirator
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- St Charles, LA 70394, USA