SAVAGE IS HIRING!!! Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Equipment Operators come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- Steel Toe Boot Allowance
- Opportunities for Growth
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic at Savage’s International Pier will be responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of equipment used at the terminal.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (fueling, greasing, oil changes, inspection) on mobile heavy equipment, which includes, but is not limited to: wheel loaders, locomotives, coal loading system, etc.
- Troubleshoot and perform major and minor repairs to mobile heavy equipment. Repairs include electrical, suspension, brake, hydraulic, and air systems,
- Some welding and fabricating
- Assists with other facility mechanical repairs as necessary
- Maintain shop cleanliness and parts inventory
- Learn and partner with the Maintenance Manager to utilize the CMMS system as a tool of organization and preventative maintenance record keeping
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Follow proper safety rules, maintenance and operating procedures
- Assist with writing and revising maintenance procedures as needed
- Support other areas of the operation, as deemed by the Maintenance Manager, even in areas outside typical heavy equipment mechanic duties
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing heavy equipment such as Volvo and Cat Excavators and Loaders
- An expert in identifying and diagnosing needed repairs by computer based systems, being able to visually recognize problems a big plus
- Has an invested interest in operational safety
- Be able to read, write and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Welding experience a plus
- Willingness to do a significant amount of preventative maintenance
- Prepared to help with anything requiring attention, as directed by the Maintenance Manager
- Environmental awareness
- Able to lift 100 lbs
- Knowledge and experience using a CMMS is helpful
- Prior experience as a heavy duty mechanic required
- Certifications preferred but not required
- Will be on your feet for extended period of time throughout the day
- Navigating the facility will include, but is not limited to, exposure to harsh weather conditions, uneven ground, ladders, racks and other high places, ground that can be slick, icy or uneven, and other industrial hazards
- The work site is an industrial setting and will require someone who can work safely around this type of environment, as well as ensure compliance to strict OSHA and State regulations
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sydney, NS, Canada