Class A CDL Driver - Local Hazmat
Savage has long-term fixed contracts with local refineries where we pick up and deliver molten sulphur (HAZMAT) via tanker.
- Up to $75k per year
- Local work, home every day
- New Equipment
- Accrued PTO beginning first day
- Built in overtime every week
- 10 paid holidays
- Excellent benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k)
- Consistent schedule
- And most of all... STABILITY
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Safe operation of all equipment on the road (DOT/Company regulations)
- Report maintenance issue to the maintenance crew
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and team members
- Must have TWIC and pass background for refineries
- Understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for a refinery and on the road
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Comfortable with heights including the ability to walk up and down ladders on trailers
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- No more than 2 moving violations in the last two years
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interview
- Valid CDL Class A mandatory; Tanker and Hazmat Endorsement
- 2 years of CDL driving experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a daily basis
- Must be able to climb on elevated surfaces, bend, stoop and kneel
- Cannot have a fear of heights, will have to climb on ladders as necessary
- The Driver must be able to climb in and out of cab 20 or more times per shift
For more information, email resumes to email@example.com
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Baton Rouge, LA, USA