Shared Services Manager (Environmental Sector)
As Savage Service’s Shared Services Manager you will lead shared services support for our Environmental Sector. Your team will be diverse functionally and geographically, consisting of managers, supervisors, specialists, and coordinators supporting a variety of processes around financial processing, administrative support, and customer service. You will drive strategic decisions to ensure quality and timely performance as well as continuous improvement. You will have to get into the weeds and learn processes in detail in order to effectively support your team day-to-day as well as make impactful strategic decisions.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsibility for all work-products of the Business Process Team within your sector
- Front-end payroll calculations and data management
- Posting/coding revenues and expense and processing reclassifications
- Various administrative support functions
- Internal and external customer service
- Act as a point of escalation for all business process issues within your sector
- Optimize productivity through scheduling, staffing, and process improvement
- Independently lead shared services for your sector
- Maintain pipeline of process improvement projects
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to gain insight
- Create and present project documentation
- Work cross-functionally to remove organizational barriers to execution
- Oversight of 30 to 60 team members including hiring/firing authority and compensation management
- Lead continuous improvement
- Engage with operational and back-office leadership to ensure high-quality support
- Responsibilities are not all inclusive and may be different based on company needs
What you need to be successful:
- 8+ years of work experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated growth of responsibilities and progression through leadership roles
- Analytical Skills: Given a CSV full of data, you should be excited about slicing it up in Excel to obtain insights, streamline processes, and create ad-hoc reporting
- Highly Driven: Our team is a primary flex point for the organization as it grows and evolves. We embrace the mentality “speed of the leader, speed of the team”, and you need to be able to set the bar high.
- Technology Savvy: Many process improvement initiatives hinge on leveraging current technology more fully or implementing something brand new. Comfortably working with multiple software packages and quickly grasping the underlying functionality of systems is critical.
- Interpersonal Skills: Not only will your team be incredibly diverse, you’ll be working with teams across the organization. Being able to build relationships and deescalate situations through verbal and written communication is a must.
- Ability to Travel (As Needed): Travel may be needed to support things such as acquisitions, training, and process improvement
- Undergraduate degree; S.T.E.M. or business degree preferred
- Graduate degree preferred
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Midvale, UT, USA