Rail Switchman / Locomotive Operator
The Rail switchman / Locomotive Operator is responsible for the safely and timely movement and switching of rail cars within the Monsanto Muscatine facility
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Quarterly bonus
- Profit Sharing
- Strong Safety Culture
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- $80/year steel toe boot allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent Benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Rotating shift: 12 hour rotating shifts (days / nights / weekends / holidays)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with spotting cars on the correct track; move empty cars and build the outbound train
- Visually inspect rail cars and perform air brakes inspections
- Cross train and willingness to assist in the different functions performed at the facility
- Operate a locomotive -we provide training and certification!
- Savage is a military friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus
- Ability to perform basic maintenance
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to attend and pass all training associated with job related coursework. This includes but is not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA related courses.
- Ability to travel to other sites to assist in switching and training requirements
- Ability to work Holidays and weekends
- Clear drug / alcohol test / criminal background check
- One year or more of Rail Industry experience is a plus
- Work experience in an industrial environment
- A high school diploma, or equivalent
· Physical Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Comfortable with heights
- Walk 5+ miles per day on uneven terrain, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Muscatine, IA 52761, USA