Class A CDL Driver (Full-time)
Are you tired of over the road jobs? With Savage, you can be home every day!
Savage offers local routes, where you are home each night and have consistent time with your family and friends. Our compensation is great, and we offer health benefits for you and your dependents, a 401(k) match and profit
sharing! Our equipment is current and properly maintained, and our focus it to get you home safe each night.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Local work, home every day, flexible schedule
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 5 years old
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Six day pay 50.00 on Saturday
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
The major responsibility of the Class A CDL Driver is to safely and efficiently transport material from mines and power plants.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with dispatch in safely transporting material from mines, power plants
- Utilize the Class A CDL
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Report maintenance issues to the maintenance crew; understand our critical service requirements and see they are met
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and others
- Ensure impeccable customer service and utilize strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- On occasion they may be asked to assist another operation on a temporary basis
- Potentially participate in the Safety Specialist program; this would possibly require travel to other locations
Requirements of a successful CDL Driver:
- Class A CDL is required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
- Willingness to work days or nights and willing to work weekends
- Must be Drug Free and able to pass a criminal background test; also should have a nearly spotless MVR
- A solid and stable work history, please include a 10 year work history on the application
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in different environments: mountainous roads, in-plant facilities, etc.
- Willingness to learn and participate in an employee based safety program and willing to contribute to Savage's culture of Safety
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role:
- Will frequently need to climb in and out of the truck as well as up and down ladders
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crawl
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Grant Town, WV, USA