Safety is much more than an attitude, program, process or priority at Savage. It is woven into the fabric of our culture. We believe that safety success comes from the proactive involvement of each Team Member and commitment of our Leadership Team.
The Safety Supervisor, along with the collaboration and direction of our Operations Manager, is an integral part of ensuring that each of our Team Members return home safe every day.
We are currently looking for a SH&E Supervisor who will assist our management team strengthen the safety implementation, increase employee engagement and support operational leadership. The position shall be qualified and familiar with laws and safety regulations governing the performance of their assigned service related tasks.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, guide and mentor team members to value and reflect the Savage safety culture
- Assist with S7 development and quarterly operational self-assessments with focused efforts in the areas of Employee, SH&E, Planning and Productivity, and Professionalism
- Ensure the completion of all orientation, technical, and site specific training, and that such training is documented
- Attend scheduled meetings
- Provide leadership and guidance to Lead Safety Specialists and Safety Specialists
- Review and, revise as needed, the Emergency Response Plans
- Assist in development of written procedures
- Be knowledge proficient with OSHA, rail, and customer required rules and policies
- Provide required rail related site/job specific training to new hire team members
- Assist with required rail related site/job specific refresher training for all team members
- Track safety KPI’s
- Update the Site Specific Safety Metrics
- Review written procedures to work being performed annually or when the work scope changes
- Assist with MOC when required
- Perform daily and weekly observations/audits and proficiency tests with timely feedback on Savage crews to validate procedures and rules are being adhered to.
- Lead by example the safety and training standards and values of Savage
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Three plus years of leadership experience in industrial rail operations and safety & training areas
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Hands-on experience in rail car switching, locomotive operations, and/or track maintenance
- Proven operational leadership experience
- Certify all training and refresher training has been completed according to the job and site specific required training plan
- Qualified to train, test, and sign off on company and site specific rail related training.
- Expectation to work with unit teams, and reinforce the Savage culture
- Required to work different shifts and weekends as needed
- Be able to communicate effectively both in front of a group and one-on–one
- Be the Safety Specialists front line employees see the value in following
- Be able to plan and organize using the available resources
- Hands on, hard-working, self-starter
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with and perform basic computer operations (spreadsheet, word processor, and email operations), and general office organization
- Good written and oral skills with an ability to communicate with co-workers, customers, and other company personnel
- Be able to pass job specific physical so as to perform rail switching tasks, demonstrate and train team members to perform their jobs assignments safely.
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
- Walk on uneven surfaces for up to 12 hours per shift
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Required Education High School
- Blaine, WA, USA