Safety/Training Supervisor (Based in St. Croix, VI)
Savage has a unique opportunity for a Safety and Training Supervisor at the Limetree Bay Terminals in St. Croix, VI. At Savage, we pride ourselves on our exceptional safety record and our commitment to Team Member success. In this exciting role, you will support operations by leading the Savage Safety Program and training team members in industry best practices. The Safety Group at Savage is dedicated, results driven and customer focused, always working to find a better way. Their “team first” mentality results in a collaborative work environment that provides top-notch customer service. Be the difference!
Here are just a few rewards you can expect as a Team Member at Savage:
- Collaborative Environment
- Opportunities for Growth
- Great Benefits package
- Competitive Pay
- Do things you never dreamed possible
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with operations general manager and front line team members in implementing all relevant portions of Savage’s S7 Delivery System
- Work with the Service Support Center and Regional Business Unit Leadership Team in the implementation of Savage’s overall Safety Strategy
- Work with the Unit SH&E Manager to develop training materials and resources for all safety related training
- Utilize the S7i system to update the SH&E and Employee Training sections as needed
- Support Team Members in following proper safety rules and processes by completing daily Savage observations, customer field audits, and verifying completeness of JSAs and adherence to work-permit processes.
- Perform and follow-up on safety inspections, safety observations, and audits at operation
- Lead Savage team on customer safety audits
- Ensure incidents are properly reported to internal and external parties
What you need to be successful:
- Previous PSM, refinery, conveyor, and/or barge experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety-related field is preferred
- 3+ years working experience in industry
- SH&E certification preferred (COSS, CHST, CSHM, CSMP, etc.)
- Ability to achieve ASP/CSP certification
- Maintains a current knowledge of rules, regulations and compliance issues effecting the operation
- Capable of handling multiple tasks while managing time effectively (able to plan, organize and implement around priorities)
- Understands or has been exposed to contractor safety programs, basic safety training for hazmat and chemicals, and customer safety policies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and excellent organizational skills
- Sets the standard for safety, professionalism, and performance
- Excellent people skills – good listener and communicator
- Has “Ownership” spirit
- Embraces and teaches company culture
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- St Croix, USVI