Transload - TransloadOperator
Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Transload Operators come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.Responsibilities
Ability to perform tasks associated with the loading or unloading of crude oil from and to rail cars such as (but not limited to):
- Rail car inspection
- Pre-loading activities
- Working closely and communicating with refinery personnel
- Connecting hoses and other loading appliances
- Ensure all policy and procedures are followed by personnel, customers and vendors
- Assist with spotting and re-spotting of rail cars
- Perform steaming activities to heat rail cars
- Setting up, monitoring temperatures, disconnecting steam lines and reconnecting fittings
- General Maintenance including but not limited to cleaning, house keeping, replacing gaskets, and other maintenance activities
- Participates in and promote Savage's safety program
- Learn to complete required documentation of product transfer, ensuring paperwork is accurate and verified
- Ability to perform basic maintenance
- Basic computer skills
- Active Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC card)
- Ability to attend and pass all training associated with job related coursework. This includes but is not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA related courses
- Work experience in an industrial environment
- A high school diploma, or equivalent
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Comfortable with heights
- Walk 5+ miles per day on uneven terrain, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Delaware City, DE, USA