Industrial Rail Switchman
Savage is hiring!!! At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies . You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- $350/year steel toe boot allowance
- Opportunities for Growth
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent Benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Rotating shift: Mon-Fri 8pm-4am (flexible end time) some weekends
What you will be doing
- Assist with spotting cars on the correct track; move empty cars and build the outbound train
- Visually inspect rail cars and perform air brakes inspections
- Cross train and willingness to assist in the different functions performed at the facility
- Operate a locomotive -we provide training and certification!
- Participate in and promote Savage safety program
- Ability to perform basic maintenance
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to attend and pass all training associated with job related coursework (this includes but is not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA related courses)
- Ability to travel to other sites to assist in switching and training requirements
- Willingness to wear required PPE
- Ability to work Holidays and weekends
- Clear drug / alcohol test / criminal background check
- Savage is a military friendly company - Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus
- One year or more of Rail Industry experience is a plus
- Work experience in an industrial environment
- A high school diploma, or equivalent
· Here are some of the physical requirements of this role
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Comfortable with heights
- Walk 5+ miles per day on uneven terrain, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Green River, WY 82935, USA