Construction Manager (Temporary)
Savage Services is currently hiring Construction Managers to oversee and manage day-to-day construction onsite at project locations in Oklahoma, supporting the needs of the project, project managers, while also ensuring safety, quality craftsmanship, budget adherence and on-time completions. Responsible for supervising and directing Contractors at work site(s). Reads and interprets blueprints, orders materials, oversees all construction and demolition, and also performs administrative tasks.
These are project-based positions with the duration typically being 14-16 months.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Manage sub-contractors on a day-to-day level
- Manage 3-week look ahead schedules from contractors
- Manage the general job site responsibilities
- Work closely with the project manager and other support services to achieve objectives
- Use experience and pro-active attitude to anticipate and resolve potential issues
- Ensure proper safety and regulatory procedures are implemented and followed
- Represent Savage in all interactions (customer, contractor, community, etc.)
- Help ensure a quality, timely, and on budget deliverable of construction project
- Ability to track, plan, and manage a budget, schedule, and workforce
- Direct Contractors at work site (s)
- Assign and delegates work in accordance with project needs
- Perform inspections at work site ensuring applicable code and regulation compliance
- Assistance in Estimating budgets for jobs
- Order materials as directed
- Read and interpret plans, blueprints and specifications
- Improve production efficiency
- Work with engineers, architects, and customers
- Assist in Selecting Contractors and Manage contractors
- Assess additional labor needs
- Oversee progress of individual projects
- Deliver reports including (daily and weekly summaries, JSH, Site training
- Review contractor schedules
- Conduct technical studies and research as necessary
- Review and design changes, coordinate with Project manager
- Perform constructability assessments and other spot engineering studies
- Experience and familiarity with materials handling is a strong plus
- Experience with industrial applications and industrial trades (piping, steel, concrete, etc)
- Desire to be loyal to a company and a contributing member of a team (Odd statement)
- Committed to see that the job gets done correctly and by the correct means
- Enthusiasm and optimism in a construction environment – must exhibit a “positive attitude”
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a complex and competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Calmness under Pressure, diffuse situations
- Problem solving skills
- Must be Drug Free, pass 10 panel testing and able to pass a criminal background test and general physical
- Ability to obtain TWIC, BOP(s) as required
- A solid and stable work history
- Participate in company safety program and to contribute to Savage’s culture of Safety
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Construction Management or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 5 years application work experience (industrial/plant applications, projects >$500k)
- Familiarity with processes and operational practices of heavy industries such as rail, transportation, power, mining, refineries, mineral processing, marine, etc.
- Previous business travel experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and project management software (Microsoft Project, Primavera, Oracle, etc.)
- Must be on-site full time during project execution
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Some College
- Oklahoma, USA