Class A CDL Driver- Local Routes- $5K Sign on
SAVAGE SERVICES HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR A CLASS A CDL DRIVER!
Savage offers local routes, where you are home each night and have consistent time with your family and friends. Our compensation is great, and we offer health benefits for you and your dependents, a 401(k) match and profit sharing! Our equipment is current and properly maintained, and our focus it to get you home safe each night.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Local work, home every day, flexible schedule
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 5 years old
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime every week
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
What you'll be doing:
- Partners with dispatch in safely transporting material to and from transloading facilities; completes loads as dispatched
- Utilizes the Class A CDL, Tanker, and Double & Triples Endorsements to locally transport material as dispatched
- Fuels and cleans truck, performs pre and post-trip inspections, completes paperwork, and reviews communication board
- Ensures that the truck meets or exceeds safe operational standards,
- Reports maintenance issues to the maintenance crew
- Understands critical service requirements and see they are met
- Will maneuver and connect heavy hoses
- Takes an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and others
- Interacts with other Savage and customer management and personnel on a daily basis. Hence, should have an understanding of customer service and have strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Assists the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- May be asked occasionally to assist another operations on a temporary basis
- Attends communication meetings and safety training as scheduled and keep all training documentation up-to-date
- Completes required paperwork, i.e., manifests, driver logs, recaps, accident reports, and basic knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Is responsible for the condition of the truck, trailers and/or other equipment assigned to them. Is responsible for returning the equipment in the same condition it was when assigned to them and for reporting equipment damage or deficiencies immediately
Requirements of a successful CDL Driver:
- Class A CDL with Tanker and Doubles & Triples endorsements required
- Two years of experience driving double tractor/trailer combination preferred
- High School or GED
- Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
- Demonstration of driving skills including lane changing, backing up, hooking up trailers, attention to all potential hazards
- Work rotating shifts and weekends as scheduled; willingness to work days or nights. You will eventually be able to work your preferred shift, but it may take some time
- A solid and stable work history, please include a ten-year work history on the DOT application
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in different environments: freeway conditions, mountainous roads, in-plant facilities, etc.; understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
- Willingness to learn and participate in an employee based safety program and willing to contribute to Savage's culture of Safety
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
- Shows interest as a team player, and is observed to be safe and conscientious in the workplace
- Concerned about safety and quality of job performance
- Must be Drug/Alcohol Free and able to pass a criminal background test; also should have a nearly spotless MVR
- Able to follow directions and change schedule
- Ability to work as dispatched
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role:
- Ability to climb into and out of cab 20 or more times per shift
- Ability to change or chain-up a flat tire
- Ability to apply snow chains to tires
- Ability to climb a ladder and steps 10 or more times a day.
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds daily
- Ability to drive in winter conditions
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA