Trucking - Operations Manager
The Operations Manager position will provide managerial oversight of Savage’s Texas City Transportation operations, which includes the movement of sulphur and petcoke products via tractor/trailer to and from multiple local refineries and end users.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Strive to balance the needs of the Customers, the Team Members and the Company
- Lead a team of approximately 50 DOT drivers with multiple origins and destinations. Drivers are underway 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Demonstrate a commitment to “zero occurrences” by effectively leading the Safety, Health & Environmental efforts at the operation and successfully managing the Savage Safety Specialist program to complete safety-related tasks and achieve safety goals
- Manage effective DOT equipment program that maintains strong FMCSA compliance status for approximately 30 tractor / trailer units
- Develop, oversee and be accountable for the execution of the annual business plan, including budgets, projections and effective cost management, including:
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Motivate and improve the quality of Team Members through effective training, Hire Right practices and by example
- Ensure the maintenance program is meeting or exceeding Savage standards
- Solve problems and make decisions both individually and in a team environment
- Align with Savage “Vision and Legacy” to Do the Right Thing, Find a Better Way and Make a Difference
- Good understanding of and prior experience with logistics and dispatching
- Knowledge of DOT / FMCSA standards and compliance
- Understanding of trucking/transportation industry and equipment, including the associated components and maintenance thereof
- Ability to lead a team in an industrial setting
- Ability to delegate and/or involve others where appropriate
- Ability to interact and work effectively with vendors, always maintaining a high level of integrity
- Must have contract understanding and execution
- Effective communication with Customers, Team Members and other Team Leaders, treating all with professionalism and care.
- Hands on, hardworking-self-starter, with mechanical and technical aptitude
- Ability to travel on occasion for training, benchmarking and other operational support as needed
- 5 years of management experience in trucking/transportation and supply chain management (Preferred)
- 4-year degree a plus, but not required
- Computers (Microsoft Office, Web-Based Software)
- Project Management
- Willing to study and learn new technical skills and techniques
- Ability to work outdoors in elevated temperature environments alongside field personnel. Must be able to climb stairs, ladders and on and off material handling equipment.
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Job Family Team Leader
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Friday, October 9, 2020
- Texas City, TX, USA