Class 1 Driver / Loader Operator (Part-time)
The successful candidate will transport and transload for our customer Nova Scotia Power to transport.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Part-Time - flexible - we work around your current work schedule
- Local work, home every day or night
- $150 annual steel toe boot allowance
- Uniforms provided with laundry service
- A safety culture that appreciates our Team Members
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
Here is what you will be doing
- Driver will safely load and transport coal from our stockpiles to our long term customer, Nova Scotia Power (dedicated haul routes)
- Driver will assist the operation in additional tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Driver will timely and accurately report maintenance issues to the maintenance crew
- Valid Class 1 Driver's License needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 year experience operating tractor/trailer combination
- Successful candidates must be willing to work any shift, including weekends
- Able to work overtime as required
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
- The ability to work from written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Ability to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Can follow all rules and procedures as outlines by Savage
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role
- Ability and willingness to work at heights as well as climbing stairs
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and work in an environment containing coal dust and in hot, cold, and wet environments
- Ability and willingness to perform the essential physical functions of the position
- Ability and willingness to wear all required personal protective equipment which could include a respirator
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Point Tupper, NS B9A 1Y9, Canada