Conducts general repairs, maintenance, or construction as directed by Construction Manager on various SugarCreek construction projects and housing units. Works with the Construction Team to complete repairs, maintenance, and other assigned work safely and efficiently to meet deadlines and perform work to construction specifications and within application building regulations and guidelines.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience: 2 to 3 years of experience in construction, maintenance, or related field.
Certification Requirements: None.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Know how to operate various tools and construction equipment safely and efficiently.
• Able to perform various repairs and maintenance on basic building elements such as drywall, roofing, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
• Possess adequate hand dexterity to manipulate or move objects.
• Able to work well with others in a team environment.
• Able to follow directions and multi-task efficiently.
• Possess strong attention to detail and thoroughness.
• Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Know how to read and strictly follow safety procedures.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with construction/general laborer positions, including lifting objects weighing up to 60 lbs., using tools or machines for extended periods of time, and performing other manual labor as needed. Other physical activity includes using stairs, standing/walking as required, and moving items weighing less than 60 lbs. as needed.
Some travel to other locations is required. Most work is performed outside on a construction site or at company housing units. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, and other necessary equipment. Little work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, and other necessary equipment.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Engineering and Maintenance
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Friday, March 27, 2020
- Kansas, 1600 W. McKay St., Frontenac, Kansas, United States of America