Business / Data Analyst, Commercial Lines Operations
- Acquire knowledge of basic performance metrics and analytical concepts/methods pertinent to the commercial insurance industry
- Become comfortable with company data structure and definitions; Understand the relationship between the business issues and the available data
- Develop/build reports, tools, and automations to insure and monitor the success of strategic initiatives
- Provide analytical support on routine and ad-hoc requests from Operational leaders
- Effectively summarize and communicate findings of analysis to business and operational leaders
- Obtain proficiency in the various software applications required to perform daily work
- Actively participate in cross-functional projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 – 3 years of Analyst experience, or equivalent
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- P&C Insurance Industry knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Access and PowerPoint
- Experience with Software Automation a plus (Automation Anywhere, specifically)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with others at different levels of the organization
- Acts resourcefully to ensure that work is completed in keeping with specified time and quality expectations
- Creates a sense of energy, ownership, and personal commitment to the work.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Business Analyst
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Worcester, MA, USA