Our Outside Property Claims department is seeking a Field Adjuster to join our growing team in the Arkansas. T
This position is working in the northern parts of Arkansas. The ideal candidate would live in the territory or possibly southern Missouri
Outside property adjusters handle property claims requiring field investigations and/or inspections. They must establish rapport with our insureds and maintain relationships with our agents, underwriters, contractors, restoration vendors, and experts. They are expected to know their territory, including the geography; regulations and the law as pertains to property claims; state and local public safety and regulatory agencies and officials; the insurance and legal climate; and public adjusters. Outside property adjusters may use a company claims office location as their base of operations, or they may work out of their homes.
This is a Full-time/Exempt role.
• Must have or secure and maintain appropriate states adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Handle personal property claims requiring outside field investigations and/or inspections.
• May use a company claims office location as their base operations, or they may work out of their homes.
• Handle business interruption (BI) features in conjunction with BI specialists.
• Works within specific limits and authority on assignments of moderate technical complexity.
• Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of fully competent practitioner.
• Identifies possibly suspicious claims
• Investigates, analyzes, evaluates and negotiates personal claims of minimal to moderate complexity. May handle low complexity commercial claims.
• May be responsible for all aspects of each claim, including informal hearings, arbitrations, and claims litigation and maintaining a high level of productivity, confidentiality and customer service.
• Implement and coordinate the most effective management techniques to mitigate loss and expense payments.
• Settlement and reserving authority levels are moderate
• Required to have and maintain sufficient home-based internet connection.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner
• Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives • Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups. Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
• Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case law
• Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
• Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities.
• Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
• Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
• Computer experience (MS Office, excel, word, etc)
• Proficient using Claims systems (i.e. CSS, PMS, etc.)
• Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
• Ability to travel as necessary
• Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle 4-5 hours per day and to get in and out of the vehicle numerous times during the day
• Ability to load and unload equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds from a motor vehicle as needed to perform field work
• Ability to bend, walk, and climb for several consecutive hours while inspecting damaged buildings, often with utilities turned off or inoperable
• Ability to use a ladder safely to get onto and off of roofs, and maintain balance while inspecting roofs
• Ability to perform field work in adverse weather.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.