Senior Actuarial Analyst Personal Lines
Our Personal Lines Actuarial department is seeking a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our growing team in Worcester, MA Corporate Headquarters.
Independently completes routine actuarial processes with limited supervision. With direction, prepares descriptive analysis and may participate on advanced analytics projects for assigned unit.
Provides guidance to Actuarial Analysts in the fulfillment of their duties and demonstrates understanding of actuarial concepts. Actively pursues a professional actuarial designation.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Applies actuarial knowledge to analyze and compile data.
- Understands and draws inferences from data being collected.
- Communicates with internal and external customers to discuss analysis results.
- Participates in development and continual improvement of rate/price recommendations.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of system specifications to implement required rate actions.
- Begins to take ownership of assignments pertaining to maintenance of rules and rating factors according to a rate review schedule, loss development analysis, and/or development of pricing models and profitability analyses.
- Provides actuarial support on routine insurance department inquiries.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three plus years of experience in core discipline
- Three or more Casualty Actuarial Exams
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Possesses basic programming skills.
- Possesses a detailed understanding of the data sources used within the core discipline.
- Understands fundamental concepts, practices and procedures relevant to core actuarial discipline.
Applies project management skills to schedule, organize and complete assigned tasks accurately and on time.
Personal and Professional Competencies
- Openness to Learning - Expands knowledge base through traditional and non-traditional education to improve personal skills and abilities.
- Analytical Thinking - Applies analytical techniques, e.g., separating a complex whole into its parts or elements to resolve problems or issues.
- Teamwork - Fosters an environment where individuals collaborate in pursuit of a common goal internally and externally to the team.
- Thoroughness - Demonstrates careful attention to detail keeps tasks and responsibilities clearly defined, on schedule, and error-free carries tasks, assignments, etc., through to completion.
- Information Seeking - Thoroughly investigates and researches multiple sources to expose details and complete information about resources, issues, problems, and so forth. Conducts in-depth research, asks probing questions, and transcends surface issues.
- Communication for Results - Expresses technical and business concepts, ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions, so that others understand or are persuaded to act creates an environment that encourages and values the opinions of others and promotes sharing of information and ideas. Promotes and encourages people to speak up.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Actuarial
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Worcester, MA, USA