Vice President, National Sales Leader - Personal Lines
This position is responsible for the development of the sales strategy and the management of new business sales. The NSL would report directly to the President of Personal Lines with a dotted line into the field Zone Executives. The successful candidate will have proven ability to align and influence internal and external stakeholders, is an effective communicator, can build commitment, and is able to execute. Key attributes for the role include leadership, creativity, collaboration, presence, vision and broad insurance knowledge. She/he will build upon the existing Personal Lines strategy, focusing on improving the top line by driving organic growth through the independent agency channel.
The Personal Lines business unit focuses on preferred account customers and manages over 1.8 billion in revenue across 20 states.
• Lead all talent management initiatives to attract, develop and retain high-performing talent
• Responsible for achieving national targeted new business sales goals for personal lines
• Measures performance to plan and directs the development of sales initiatives to achieve or eliminate performance gaps
• Responsible for and manages sales best practices
• Enhance effectiveness of overall sales organization including partnership with the CSC and with the sales excellence organization
• Establish sales goals and manages the incentive plan; develop staffing models to maximize revenue; and determine account/territory assignments in partnership with finance and HR
• Build and maintain a collaborative working relationship across all functional areas and proactively share information to ensure our PL vision and successful business outcomes.
• Recruit, retain, and foster development of a diverse sales team; identify and develop team through on-going training, coaching, and career path opportunities
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
• Is an ambassador and role model of the Hanover CARE values
• Successfully achieves national sales plan objectives
• Champion new ideas and initiatives, and transform new business opportunities
REQUIRED SKILLS, KEY SUCCESS FACTORS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Typically has 15 years + years of relevant insurance experience with demonstrated success in sales and leadership
• Exceptional written and verbal communication
• Strong analytic skills with demonstrated track record in execution
• Must be driven to grow business and acquire customers
• Ability to build relationships, internally and externally
• Ability to influence clients, peers and senior executives
• Ability to manage complex insurance relationships
• Strong financial and accounting skills to effectively engage at the senior management level
• Strong problem-solving abilities
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Business Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Worcester, MA, USA