Consolidation Underwriting Technician
Our Consolidation Underwriting department is seeking a Small Commercial Underwriting Technician to join our growing team in Howell, MI.
Small Commercial Underwriting Technicians are responsible for supporting the various Underwriting functions in partnership with assigned Underwriters. UTs and UAs are responsible for preparing and providing key data, following up on outstanding issues, and making recommendations to assigned Underwriters within their functional area in support of managing a profitable book of business.
This is a Full-time, Non-Exempt role.
- Provide daily support to Underwriting in the management of all underwriting transactions, service standards, agency relationships, and compliance rules and documentation.
- Under general supervision performs standard duties utilizing developed procedures for account triage, risk acceptability, file preparation, and basic to moderate complexity analysis of underwriting transactions including report ordering, file documentation, file documentation, and agency communications
- Coordinates multiple deliverables to achieve service standards and underwriting guidelines; Provides accurate rating instructions for high quality output
- Build and demonstrate knowledge of underwriting Systems, workflows, systems ,compliance rules, lines of business and coverages to support underwriting functions in Small CL
- Per UT Authority level granted, executes within guidelines and appropriately escalates issues to their underwriter and manager.
- Developing proficiency in basic underwriting analysis, file preparation, report assessment and compliance rules.
- Learning territorial differences and business strategies for growth and profitability.
- Developing ability to build and maintain close working relationships with agents, underwriters and peers.
Key Measures of Success:
- Underwriter partner(s) achievement of business goals
- UW profitability based on growth, loss ratio, retention, new money and other measures as appropriate
- Execution to all Service metrics, alighted with workflows, and UT best practices
- Agency relationships – as measured by agency feedback
- Internal relationships- as measured by feedback from underwriter and internal peers.
- 1-2 years of relevant industry experience preferred
- Ability to develop understanding of basic exposure/control analysis and coverage
- Basic Underwriting knowledge and awareness of how the various roles/functions fit together and the importance of each
- Ability to problem solve and leverage available resources
- Service oriented with a high level of responsiveness
- Ability to self-manage workload to meet underwriting goals and service standards
- Communicates effectively with internal and external partners both verbally and in written communications.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Pay Type Salary
- Howell, MI, USA