Senior IT Project Manager
Our Information Technology department is seeking an Senior IT Project Manager to join our growing team in our Worcester, MA Corporate Headquarters.
If you love collaborating, innovating, and learning, then we want to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized and motivated project manager looking for a new creative challenge in a fast-paced area of Hanover’s Technology project management center of excellence.
As a member of the team, you are expected to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of the enterprises business goals. You are methodical, have excellent communication and time management skills – and can utilize those skills effectively across various business units.
Ultimately, the Project Manager is responsible for managing a wide range of technology projects of varying complexity.
With your solid blend of technical, and business facing skills, you will successfully partner with areas across the enterprise to lead delivery of projects in their area.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Work in an agile/iterative development environment
- Work collaboratively with all team members throughout the project life-cycle
- Strategic and insightful in their thinking, with good judgment and an intuitive sense of where to look for opportunities to support the business
- Decisive, but open-minded, innovative, and entrepreneurial thinker
- Able to identify and mitigate risks while considering the big picture of company-wide impact, industry trends, and strategic implications
- The ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly through on the job training with a desire to take on more responsibility
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience as well as presenting business outcomes to technical teams.
- Contribute to and promote adherence to best practices as defined by the Project Management COE and Project Management Office (PMO).
- Minimum of 7+ years of IT Project Management Bachelor's degree in related field, specialized training, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarization with project management tools such as MS Project, Planview, or Jira.
- Experience delivering software development projects using Agile or Iterative methodology
- Promotes teamwork, cooperation, respect, creativity, recognition, and provides ongoing coaching to employees
- Continuously monitor project status and manage project resources, finances, and scope. Contribute to and may lead program governance and steering committees.
- Develop strong partnerships within IT and the Business.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of Business Strategies, Products, and Organizations to ensure clarity of the business drivers and outcomes.
- May own or participate in selecting and developing strategic partnerships with vendors including contract negotiations, monitoring execution, and evaluating outcomes.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Worcester, MA, USA