PL Customer Service Center Supervisor
Our Personal Lines department is seeking a Customer Service Center Supervisor to join our growing team in Worcester, MA, Howell, MI, or Atlanta, GA.
Oversee the activities and performance of a team of front line employees aligned to the Customer Service Center area within our Personal Lines Operations organization. Builds a highly engaged workforce to achieve key business strategies through effective coaching, processes and workflow. Responsible for developing employees through coaching and mentorship in order to generate an exceptional service experience for our agents and customers. Hours of operation are 7:00 am – 9:30 pm EST on weekdays and 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST on Saturdays. Shift assignment will be discussed based on department needs and supervisor availability.
This is a Full-time/Exempt role.
- Lead a team of employees (typically 6-9 team members) who create and provide exceptional sales/service experiences for agents and customers
- Individually and across the team, drive continuous improvement surrounding the quality of service interactions through recurring coaching sessions, supportive mentoring and evaluations of those service interactions
- Manage employee performance by working with employees to establish growth mindset-based goals, giving and receiving feedback, documenting and delivering periodic performance evaluations, address behavior and performance concerns in alignment with corporate policies and internal procedures
- Identify stretch assignments, career development opportunities and assist with the creation of individual development plans; provide supportive coaching and mentoring
- Participate in planning and facilitating team meetings, huddles, training sessions and employee engagement activities
- Monitor and maintain awareness of the network and take real-time corrective actions as needed with employees to achieve desired service level goals
- Identify opportunities for improvement and communicate to the proper audience in an appropriate and timely manner
- Partner with peers and workforce planners to assess demand and align resources across Personal Lines Operations to collectively achieve desired performance goals
- Collaborate with business partners across the organization to address, resolve and prevent breakdowns in service
- Participate in special assignments or projects as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years of call center experience
- Must have or be willing to obtain Property & Casualty Broker’s License
- Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred
- Prior supervisory or coaching experience is preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of the Property & Casualty insurance industry is required
- Inherently passionate about creating high quality service interactions
- Derives satisfaction from coaching, mentoring and showing others how to be highly effective and successful in their roles
- Possesses an advanced skill set with regards to:
- Clear communication; oral and written
- Emotional intelligence
- Multi-tasking and time management
- Problem solving
- MS Office proficiency levels required:
- Outlook: Advanced
- Word: Intermediate
- Excel: Basic
- PowerPoint: Basic.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Howell, MI, USA
- Worcester, MA, USA