Senior Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant who will provide support to our Chief Information Security Officer and Chief Digital Officer at our Worcester, MA office.
You will provide a full range of administrative support which requires a high degree of competence, accuracy, and confidentiality in addition to administrative, leadership and special project responsibilities.
Assists in daily administrative functions that may include involvement and exposure to confidential information requiring the use of discretion.
- Deliver a superior level of administrative support while maintaining a customer service focus in support of the departments.
- Provides advanced document production support as well as assembling information such as reports, manuals, agendas, and correspondence.
- Manages advanced office functions including, but not limited to report writing, producing presentations, maintaining data files, managing and formatting excel spreadsheets for basic variance analyses, and organizing work flow through the office.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports, confidential documents, and related materials.
- Manage and maintain calendar and appointment schedules for 2 VP’s and several AVP’s, coordinates all travel arrangements/reservations.
- Provide telephone support including answering inquiries and routing calls.
- Participate in special projects within the departments.
- Collaborate with others in the department in streamlining operational and administrative processes to be more effective across the organization.
- Serves as a resource to others in the business unit.
- Interacts and collaborates with other office staff in managing day to day work and or key initiatives.
- May provide administrative support to other areas of the business unit.
- Coordinates complex procedures, processes and techniques to accomplish daily work.
- Requires 4+ years of advanced administrative support experience.
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint (animation & graphics).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple team members’ needs.
- Ability to work independently and provide flexibility with your work schedule
Able to handle confidential information professionally and discretely.
Personal and Professional Competencies:
- The individual will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
- Foster and contribute to a positive morale in the organization.
- Brings a strong executive presence and is comfortable and credible interfacing within executive leadership.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and have the ability and desire to have real impact on an organization.
- Exhibits the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe.
- Creates an environment that encourages and values the opinions of others and promotes sharing of information and ideas.
- Is viewed as an internal resource capable of practically applying technical expertise to real business problems and/or opportunities.
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- Is guided by a strong sense of ethics in making decisions that are best for the Hanover organization.
- Promotes Collaboration - encourages people to draw on each other’s strengths and experience to work together effectively, within and across teams.
- Demonstrates a “can do” spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Pay Type Salary
- Worcester, MA, USA