Inside Property Adjuster- CL
Our Claims department is seeking an Inside Property Adjuster to join our growing team in our Denver, CO or Itasca, IL office.
Responsible for coverage determination, investigation, evaluation, negotiation and resolution of first party Commercial Property claims. The Commercial Property Adjuster regularly interacts with Insureds, Agents, Underwriting and Special Accounts. The Commercial Property Adjuster serves as a coverage resource to others, internally and externally. Claim assignments are nationwide requiring the Commercial Property Adjuster to be licensed in all states. The Commercial Property Adjuster specializes in handling a variety of claim types and products including Employee Dishonesty/Crime, Cyber/Data Breach, Business Income Interruption and Extra Expense, Equipment Breakdown, Inland Marine, and Specialty Programs.
This is a Full-time/Exempt role.
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate state adjuster licenses and continuing education credits
- Handle minimally challenging to complex commercial property claims
- Primarily handle claims with exposures up to $150,000
- Work within specific limits and authority on assignments
- Handles Business Interruption Income (BII) exposures and collaborates with accountant when necessary.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claim handling
- Identify potentially suspicious claims
- Identify claims with subrogation potential
- Possesses technical knowledge and skills to interpret coverage, estimate damages and negotiate settlements
- Authority levels are in recognition of the proficiency associated with this level
- Represent the company at mediation, arbitration and/or trials.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Commitment to ongoing professional development in commercial property and the business marketplace
- Able to read and interpret commercial contracts
- Demonstrate an understanding of third party legal liability concepts for claims involving the ‘property of others’ and to work efficiently with the Marine and CGL departments
- Demonstrate proficiency with core commercial loss scoping and estimating skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Commercial Property programs and Special Accounts
- Able to work independently and cultivate an environment of business ownership
- Dedicated to meeting or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Make decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner
- Maintain positive and constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
- Consider the perspectives of others and objectively evaluate credibility
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups
- Demonstrate ability to win concessions without damaging relationships
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understand applicable statutes, regulations and case law
- Think critically and anticipate, recognize, identify and timely offer solutions to problems
- Adapt to new or different technology, changing situations, requirements and priorities
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Proficient with computer operating systems and programs such as HCS, CSS, PMS, Underwriting Workstation, Xactware, MS Word, MS Excel, etc.
- Ability to handle high volume such as during catastrophes
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
- Ability to maintain sufficient home based internet connection as needed
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
- Ability to work on-site as needed
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to work hours in excess of 40 hours per week
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing or stressful environment
- Ability to perform work in a noisy/loud work environment.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Claims
- Pay Type Salary
- Denver, CO, USA
- Itasca, IL, USA