Marketing & Communications Writer
For over 160 years, The Hanover has been committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE.
Our Marketing and Distribution department is seeking a creative, dynamic and experienced Marketing and Communications Writer to join our growing team in Worcester, MA.
The Marketing and Communications Writer will work closely with the Marketing Communications team and other M&D functional teams to write, maintain and manage powerful content and copy with multi-channel versatility. He/she will maintain alignment of messages across all media, including marketing collateral, newsletters, articles, white papers, company website, online communication, printed brochures, and video scripts for B2B and B2C audiences. Our Marketing and Communications Writer will develop content for assigned initiatives and/or business groups and will collaborate with management and senior team members to finalize content and ensure achievement of set objectives.
This is a full-time, exempt role.
In this role you will:
- Craft Hanover messages for our clients (agents and policyholders) in support of marketing tactics and campaigns.
- Develop marketing content that is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and represents best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style. Plays a role in cross-functional conception and design development.
- Actively research creative and unique approaches to support content writing, develop new deliverables and propose new content formats, frameworks, and strategies. Comfortable presenting thought provoking ideas and sharing perspectives.
- Continuously work to develop benefit-focused messaging that tells The Hanover story about our products and solutions and effectively translates information from subject matter experts into creative, benefit-driven copy that brings complex, technical subject matter to life and makes it relevant for target audience(s)
- Builds positive relationships with a range of internal partners to ensure content supports their goals and draws on their expertise.
What You Need to Apply:
- B.S. in English, journalism, communications, online media, or related fields or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ copywriting experience, Content and Marketing experience a plus.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the property and casualty business and independent agent distribution channel.
- Understands and can work with all mediums inclusive of digital, print, and multimedia.
- Basic working knowledge of HTML and content management systems a plus
- Demonstrated curiosity, creativity, attention to detail, and management of multiple priorities.
Our Hanover Ready training program combined with on the job learning and mentoring will help you prepare for a successful start to your new career.
It’s not just a job, it’s a career, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop
In the spirit of caring for our employees and their families, we offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with 6% match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Worcester, MA, USA