Accounts Receivable Representative
Our Financial Operations department is seeking an Accounts Receivable Representative to join our growing team in our Worcester, MA office.
As a member of Financial Operations, this individual is responsible for accurate and timely billing of premium and application of premium payments. This includes ensuring that all financial controls and balances have been met according to Internal Audit and Finance. This individual performs tasks that will include complex and varied work requests received through multiple channels including email, phone, fax, reports and assigned tickets within established SLAs.
This is a Full-time, Non-Exempt role.
• Provide consultative support to contact centers and internal/external partners
• Respond to customer requests (research and billing adjustments) within set guidelines requests can vary from straight-forward to complex
• Support escalation phone calls from contact centers
• Work with other business areas to resolve billing discrepancies
• Support sourcing partners by resolving escalations and reviewing transactions for accuracy
• Draft journal entries as necessary
• Process check status requests including stop payments, reissues and copies
• Transmit payments to the bank within required daily processing times
• Proactively identify problems and recommend solutions; seek advice and guidance on more complex issues
• Participation in continuous improvement initiatives for the process
• Project participation as assigned or required.
• 1-3 years related experience
• Associates Degree required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
• Knows and applies well the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the accounts receivable function
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong math skills
• Knowledge of MS Office Products Basic
• Strong computer skills with familiarity with computer systems for this function
• Ability to perform keyboarding with speed and accuracy
• Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
• Ability to handle high stress level in day to day activities
• Ability to travel as necessary (may be required for training purposes, etc.)
• Ability to sit for extended periods (up to 90% of work day).
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Worcester, MA, USA