IT Automation Analyst
Our Personal Lines Operations department is seeking an Automation Analyst to join our growing team in our Worcester office.
The Automation Analyst is responsible for the monitoring and reporting of the performance of the automation ecosystem. They will communicate with customers, IT and key stakeholders on the status of automations (issues and required maintenance) as well as the productivity of the digital workforce. Provide triage support in the event of automation failures.
This is a full-time, exempt role.
- Have the ability to read and understand process and data flow diagrams.
- Have a general understanding of the design and development of existing automations to provide effective and consultative support to end users.
- Independently develop automations on lower complexity projects based on a set of specifications created by the Automation Project Team.
- May develop automations for more complex projects with direct oversight and/or support.
- Interact directly with end-users, to provide data and support.
- Share the performance metrics of the automation to help identify enhancements and/or improvement opportunities for specific automations.
- Responsible for developing all automation reporting, trend analysis, etc. based on KPIs and providing this to key stakeholders.
- Business or computer science related degree and a genuine interest in technology.
- 3+ years of related analytical experience required
- The ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders of all levels of the organization
- Be comfortable turning raw data into meaningful information
- Advanced knowledge of EXCEL and a solid knowledge of SQL; able to work with, integrate and evaluate large and complex data sets
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of an international team
- Business acumen and a solid understanding of direct business line preferred
- Strong learning agility; ability to pick up multiple automation tools/processes.
- Preferred experience in a multitude of data analysis packages or tools
- Awareness of Artificial Intelligence technologies and software automation preferred
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
- Required to work on-site as needed
- Ability to work hours in excess of 40 hours per week
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing or stressful environment
- Ability to perform work in a noisy/loud work environment.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Worcester, MA, USA