Senior Application Engineer
Our Information Technology department is seeking a Senior Application Engineer to join our growing team in our Worcester, MA Corporate Headquarters.
If you love collaborating, innovating, and learning, then we want to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Application Developer looking for an opportunity to develop and deliver innovative solutions.
As a member of the Application Engineering team, you are expected to have a strong technical acumen with an in-depth understanding of the software development life cycle and associated processes and have a keen interest in the creative implementation of technology solutions.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Interprets technical design and requirement specifications and develops code to deliver application functionality; including new products and enhancements to existing applications and products.
- Performs thorough unit testing to verify the accuracy, security and quality of all software developed. This may include preparation of sample test data, execution of programs, and system integration testing.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle processes including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Identifies risks and options and provides options and recommendations.
- Source code management and code promotion through multiple environments (i.e. Dev, Integration, Test, Prod).
- Support defect lifecycle by triaging and correcting coding defects identified during quality assurance and business partner validation.
- Adheres to all quality standards and procedures.
- Collaborates with project team members, including external and offshore partners, during development process.
- Supports preparation and implementation of software releases into the production environment.
- Contributes to project planning, design, and estimating activities.
- Stays current and builds knowledge of multiple programming languages and related development tools.
- Builds knowledge of P&C insurance concepts and Hanover systems.
- 5+ years’ experience in JAVA development
- 2+ years’ experience with AgencyPort development
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Effective communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, adaptability, and willingness to learn
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team
Knowledge and experience with several of the following technologies:
- Java Script
- AngularJS & NodeJs
- XSD Schema
- Web Services/REST Service
- J2EE technologies
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Worcester, MA, USA