Actuarial Analyst - Personal Lines
Our Personal Lines Actuarial department is seeking an Actuarial Analyst to join our growing team in our Worcester, MA headquarters.
As an Actuarial Analyst, you will perform tasks of mathematical and quantitative nature using established procedures, working under immediate supervision. You will learn fundamental actuarial concepts, practices and procedures. You will also become familiar with company operations, systems and actuarial methodologies. All of this while actively pursuing your professional actuarial designation with the support of our Actuarial program.
This is a full-time, exempt role.
- Acquires knowledge of basic actuarial concepts and methods pertinent to area of actuarial focus.
- Obtains proficiency in the various software applications required to perform daily work.
- Becomes comfortable with company data structure and definitions
- Compiles and categorizes data and prepares exhibits.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of system specifications to implement required rate actions.
- Will work on maintenance of rules and rating factors according to a rate review schedule, or loss development analysis in support of rate indications, or pricing models to produce more accurate and better segmented individual risk pricing.
- Provides actuarial support on routine insurance department inquiries as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3.0 GPA with or higher.
- Legal right to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Up to one year of experience in core discipline.
- One or more Casualty Actuarial Exams.
- Experience with modeling, coding and using Microsoft Office tools including Excel preferred.
- Understands fundamental analytical concepts, practices and procedures.
- Familiar with external agencies that influence and/or impact core actuarial discipline.
- Performs assigned tasks using established procedures and working under immediate supervision.
- Instructed on most assignments and refers unusual situations to a more experienced team member or supervisor.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Actuarial
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Worcester, MA, USA