Senior Application Engineer Guidewire
The Hanover is seeking a Senior Application Engineer with Guidewire to join our growing team in our Worcester, MA office.
If you love collaborating, innovating, and learning, then we want to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity a highly technical Senior Engineer looking for a new creative challenge in
fast-paced area of Application Engineering.
As a member of this team, you are expected to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of the software development life cycle processes including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, testing methodologies and deployment management. You are methodical, have excellent communication and time management skills.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Interprets and may contribute to the technical design and specifications, writes code, and assists in development of new applications and products and enhancements to existing applications and products, helps to solve complex problems.
- Writes test cases and executes thorough unit testing to verify the accuracy and quality of all software developed. This may include preparation of sample test data, execution of scripts and programs, and system integration testing.
- Performs required functions in accordance with the various application development methodologies i.e. Agile / Waterfall etc.
- Identifies risks, escalates appropriately, seeks guidance and recommend alternative approaches.
- Supports setup of multiple test environments.
- Engages in application defect resolution identified during project lifecycle and in support of production systems.
- Adheres to all application development quality standards and suggests areas of improvement.
- Will support technical implementation planning and execution of software releases.
- Contributes to project planning, design, and estimating activities.
- Stays current and builds knowledge of programming languages, application development tools, best practices, and methodologies.
- Provides timely and accurate project status reporting, proactively identifies risks and challenges.
- Collaborates and facilitates effectively with team members, including offsite and offshore.
- Builds knowledge of P&C insurance concepts, business processes and Hanover systems.
- Responsible for developing software application solutions of intermediate complexity for all or a component part of an assigned project.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Guiderwire development experience highly preferred.
Personal and Professional Competencies:
- Highly self-motivated contributor with proven track record of obtaining results without significant direct report authority assigning tasks.
- Capability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously; Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities.
- Interpersonal & relationship building skills: ability to work well as an individual and within a team personal drive to continually grow and enhance skills, knowledge, and scope of responsibilities.
- Demonstrates solid verbal/written communication, listening, communication skills with and ability to communicate across all employee and management levels.
- Displays a high degree of initiative and effective organization and time management skills, strong analytical ability, and ability to work with data.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, Quality oriented, self-directed, with problem solving ability.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Worcester, MA, USA