Small Commercial Sales Manager- East Bay Area, California
Our Small Commercial department is seeking a Small Commercial Sales Manager to join our growing team in the East Bay Area, California area.
Primary responsibility for driving small Commercial (BOP and <25K) policies) new business flow in the agents offices through educating and working with CSR's and communicating our risk appetite. Responsible for key agency relationship building, for those defined agents, and partners with Middle Market Underwriters to support growth and retention.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Works with CSRs to produce small CL new business and drive flow.
- Able to bind small accounts in the agent's office if needed.
- Works with small CL underwriting team to develop the targeted mix of business.
- Objectively considers issues and information, identifies alternatives, decides and implements solution approaches in order to deliver services and provide value.
- Communicates ideas or positions in a persuasive manner that build support, agreement, or commitment.
- Takes actions that directly or indirectly influence others to create buy-in, gain trust, and motivate actions in others or win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Knowledge of negotiating techniques, subject matter, and strategy to obtain commitment, compromise or settlement in a way that promotes mutual goals or interests.
- Understands the importance of developing and maintaining cooperative relationships with others at all levels of the organization by making others feel their concerns and contributions are important.
- Builds positive relationships with others to accomplish organizational goals.
- Excited by challenging goals and a desire to exceed standards of excellence.
- Exhibits a true sense of competitiveness and a drive for results.
- Has a strong desire to win in the most challenging of circumstances, and the fortitude to take calculated risks to achieve personal objectives and goals, organization's standards, or current industry standards.
- Demonstrates sales and marketing techniques through effective relationship building.
- Able to influence producers/agents to sell desired product & services. Able to see the "big picture" and develops a strategy in support of it.
- Effectively plans and organizes their work to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates flexibility in applying different approaches to changing work demands. Is confident of own abilities to meet challenges and can maintain performance under stress.
- Knows and demonstrates the ability to apply fundamental underwriting concepts, practices and procedures; including knowledge of exposure/hazard identification and control.
- Displays knowledge of pricing practices and applications.
- For assigned lines of business, able to articulate and practice principles of good underwriting, within specific limits and authority. Demonstrates good understanding of regional goals.
- Stays current with industry information and local market trends.
Key Accountabilities and Deliverables (Measures):
- New business submission flow from targeted agents
- Growth and profit of entire small commercial team
- Mix of business
- Agency relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years' Commercial Lines Underwriting and/or Marketing experience preferably with an established carrier.
- Well developed sales and marketing skills; proven track record for developing new business.
- Professional designation such as CPCU, CIC, etc., is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to learn internal Customer & Agency Account Management systems.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Pay Type Salary
- California, USA